- The NORDAM Dee Howard/Etienne Fage Scholarship was created by The NORDAM Group to honor the lifetime achievements of two aerospace engineering pioneers, Dee Howard and Etienne Fage, and administered by NBAA. This annual scholarship, worth $2,500, will be awarded to an undergraduate who is officially enrolled full-time as an aerospace engineering or aeronautical systems maintenance engineering major at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Applications are due Aug. 1.
- The William M. Fanning Maintenance Scholarship is named in honor of retired NBAA staff member William M. Fanning, who was active in maintenance issues during his nearly 20-year tenure at the association. NBAA annually awards $5,000 to two applicants pursuing careers as maintenance technicians. One award will benefit a student who currently is enrolled in an accredited airframe & powerplant (A&P) program at an approved FAR Part 147 school. The second award will benefit an individual who currently is not enrolled but has been accepted for enrollment in an A&P program. See application form for details.Aug. 1 deadline.
- NBAA offers the Maintenance Technical Reward and Career Scholarship (Maintenance TRACS), which offers current and aspiring maintenance technicians the opportunity to receive initial technician training courses for several aircraft models. Maintenance TRACS also provides scholarship courses for aircraft, engines avionics, and professional development. Recipients must complete all professional/educational training and redeem the award within one year. Recipients also are responsible for costs associated with the scholarship, such as travel and lodging expenses, unless otherwise noted.
For more information visit www.nbaa.org/public/education/scholarships.
Women in Aviation International
- Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical, or mechanical engineering. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the 20th annual conference (includes round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference fee). Applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a minimum of two semesters (as of March 2009), with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- FedEx Express will award a $2,000 scholarship to a woman who wishes to advance her career in the commercial aviation industry. The scholarship will be awarded for further education specifically in the fields of aircraft maintenance, engineering, aviation management, or any other aviation technical related field. This award is to be used for educational purposes only and may not be applied toward flight hours. Qualified applicants should have completed at least three years of undergraduate level education at an accredited college or university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). The funds will be directly deposited into the academic institution in which applicant is enrolled.
- If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It” $500 Scholarship. Nicole Cagnolatti, A&P/pilot, has been the recipient of several WAI scholarships. Now she wants to personally contribute to the WAI Scholarships (for the third year) by offering other aviation dreamers the opportunity to pursue their dream. Applicants must use funds within one year of acceptance.
- Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an aviation maintenance technician program (A&P) or a degree in aviation maintenance technology. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the annual conference (includes round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference fee).
- Delta Air Lines would like to extend a 2009 Summer Internship (13 weeks) opportunity to a student currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree in aerospace/aeronautical, mechanical or industrial engineering. In addition to an internship position, the recipient will receive a trip to the annual conference (includes round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference fee). Applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants must be U.S. citizens. Lodging accommodations will be provided for the duration of the 15 weeks.The primary role of the intern is to participate in and lead projects in support of engine maintenance production. (Internship value $10,159 -$10,681 including salary, lodging, and conference)
- Pratt & Whitney will award six maintenance scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in aviation maintenance. Winners will have the option to attend any one of the maintenance courses offered by Pratt & Whitney or Pratt & Whitney Canada, such as System Familiarization, Line and Base Maintenance, and Borescope Inspection Procedures on JT8D, JT9D, PW2000, PW4000, PT6, or PW100 engines. Housing is also included for the duration of training. (Scholarship value $800 - $3,200 each depending on course taken.)
- Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in an associate or baccalaureate degree in aviation maintenance management or aviation business management. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the annual conference (includes round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and conference fee). Applicants must be full-time college students, with a minimum of two semesters left (as of February 2009), with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens. (Scholarship value $6,000.)
The Aircraft Electronics Association and Texas State Technical College (TSTC) have joined together to offer 10 new scholarships through the AEA Educational Foundation, bringing the number of...
The deadline to submit an application for the Sporty’s Recreational Pilot Certificate for AEA Member Technicians is Feb. 29, 2008. The deadline for AEA scholarship application submissions is Feb...
As AMT plans for our 10th Career Development issue it has come to our attention that deadlines for several maintenance scholarships are approaching. As the industry evolves, new technology requires...
AEA announced the names of 25 individuals who were awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships for the 2012-13 academic year through the AEA Educational Foundation.