Two AMTScholarship awards from AMTSociety will be presented each year. They are named after individuals who have spent their professional careers promoting and advancing the skilled craft of the AMT:
- The Charles E. Taylor Award $1,500
- The William F. “Bill” O’Brien $1,000
Deadline is Dec. 15 of each year. Details can be found on the AMTSociety website www.AMTSociety.org under Scholarships.
Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance
Scholarships for 2009 aren’t available on the website. Last year’s scholarships included Abaris Training, CAE SimuFlite, FlightSafety Principles of Troubleshooting, Girard AMT School Scholarship, Helping Hand from Rice Family, Horizon Air Technical Training, jetBlue Maintenance Scholarships, Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, Pratt & Whitney, and Southwest Airlines Maintenance Training Scholarships. All applications must be postmarked by Dec. 31, 2008. More details should be available soon at www.awam.org.
Helicopter Association International
- Helicopter Foundation International (HFI) is offering five Bill Sanderson Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) scholarships. Each of the winners will have a choice of one of the following courses made available by helicopter airframe and engine manufacturers.
- Agusta Aerospace Corporation (A109 series)
- Bell Helicopter Textron Inc. (any model)
- Eurocopter (all current models except Super Puma)
- MD Helicopters (500/600/900 series)
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Inc. (PT6T, PT6B-36/37 or PW-206 engines)
- Rolls Royce (250 series engine – any model)
- Schweizer (269C-C-1, 300C/300CB) (10-day course)
- Turbomeca (Arriel 1&2 series and Arrius 2 series engines)
In addition, the first place winner will be awarded $1,600 from HFI to defray expenses. Those finishing second, third, fourth, and fifth place will receive $1,150, $850, $750, and $650, respectively.
- The HFI is sponsoring six $2,500 scholarships for helicopter maintenance technicians.
- Michelle North Scholarship for Safety. This scholarship consists of full tuition plus travel expenses, not to exceed $3,000, to HFI’s Safety Management Course offered at HAI’s annual HELI-EXPO. Deadline for this scholarship is Oct. 1, 2008.
Other HFI applications must be postmarked no later than Nov. 15, 2008. The winners will be announced prior to Helicopter Association International’s Technical Committee meeting held in conjunction with HELI-EXPO 2009, Feb. 22-24, in Anaheim, CA. For more information visit www.rotor.com.
National Air Transportation Association
- NATF – the research and educational arm of the National Air Transportation Association – established the Pioneers of Flight Scholarship Program in 1989 to offer financial assistance and encouragement to young people in the pursuit of academic excellence. The $1,000 scholarships are for one year of full-time study. Two awards will be granted each year. Awards are given for undergraduate study only. Scholarship recipients may be offered internship opportunities.
- The annual NATA Business Scholarship Award in the amount of $2,500 is to be used for continuing education for employees of NATA member companies. All applicable studies should be directly related to furthering the skills applicable to working at an FBO, charter company maintenance facility, or flight school. Applicable training includes any aviation maintenance program under the aegis of Part 147 or 65; any pilot certificate or rating under Part 61 or 141; and any aviation-related two-year, four-year or graduate degree program at an accredited college or university.
The Aircraft Electronics Association and Texas State Technical College (TSTC) have joined together to offer 10 new scholarships through the AEA Educational Foundation, bringing the number of...
The deadline to submit an application for the Sporty’s Recreational Pilot Certificate for AEA Member Technicians is Feb. 29, 2008. The deadline for AEA scholarship application submissions is Feb...
NBAA scholarships help business aviation students and professionals ascend.
As AMT plans for our 10th Career Development issue it has come to our attention that deadlines for several maintenance scholarships are approaching. As the industry evolves, new technology requires...