- Computer-Aided Dispatch. Intergraph has successfully deployed a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system to enhance safety and security efforts at Ronald Reagan Washington National and Washington Dulles International Airports. By integrating multiple security systems, Intergraph’s CAD system improves the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) ability to expedite the process for dispatching emergency assistance at both airports, according to the company; www.intergraph.com
- Access Control Software. Matrix Systems’ Frontier 2009 Access Control Software features embedded and user-definable access control graphics, and is a comprehensible security solution that provides real-time monitoring for access doors and alarm points for local or remote locations in the aviation market, the company says; www.matrixsys.com.
- Comprehensive Security Software. Quantum Secure, a provider of enterprise software to manage and streamline security identities, compliance, and events across physical security systems, provides SAFE software for airports. SAFE features airside vehicle operator permit management; connection to existing physical access control systems; credentialing identity capabilities; biometric systems integration; integrated airport physical security event management; and more, says the company; www.quantumsecure.com.
- Authentication Reader. TransCore’s Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) handheld mobile authentication and validation reader is an integrated solution consisting of an infrastructure component which links to global identity management systems and software for readers; www.transcore.com.
- Surveillance Towers. ARINC Incorporated has provided a security monitoring solution based on mobile video surveillance towers to enhance perimeter security at Indianapolis International Airport. The airport uses five independent mobile towers to enhance perimeter security around the airport complex, including the terminal and airfield; www.arinc.com
FAIRFAX, Va. , Feb. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Era Systems Corporation, a subsidiary of SRA International, Inc. (NYSE: SRX), today announced it has been awarded a contract by the City of...
Two new systems will improve the airport's ability to monitor and investigate activity - and to communicate more effectively with local community and its airlines.
Baggage Technology Quick Drop-Off. Air Canada has implemented a check-in and baggage drop-off process for its customers departing London Heathrow Airport by using technology that combines...
Security — Biocryptics: Braathens IT Solutions introduces a self-boarding solution based on biocryptics; next-generation biometrics. Fingerprints are translated into PKI-compatible crypto keys...