- Data Consolidation. The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ) and authorized airlines now have access to the Sensis Aerobahn airport automation and management tool at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Sensis Aerobahn combines airside operational information, such as flight schedules, with the exact location and identification of aircraft on the surface of the airport for a real-time, comprehensive view of surface operations. The system provides key stakeholders with airport surface traffic and operational data that will enable fewer delays, improve airport efficiency and reduce operating costs for airlines, according to the company; www.sensis.com
- Aircraft Docking. Safegate’s Safedock is an advanced visual docking guidance system which gives operators the option of parking aircraft with or without ground personnel present while reducing fuel burn waste, according to the company. The system features Ramp Information Display (RIDS) which feeds from airport and airline flight information systems, and boarding bridge position verification; www.safegate.com
- Automated Ground Transport Management. GateKeeper Systems Inc. offers an automated ground transportation management system (GTMS) that combines RFID technology with specialized commercial vehicle management (CVM) software to improve operations at any airport, says the company; www.gksys.com.
- Noise Management. Lochard, an environmental management solution provider, offers WebTrak FlyQuiet, a solution for managing flight track and noise compliance procedures. FlyQuiet identifies flights that don’t comply with noise abatement procedures, provides an online dashboard for airlines and pilots to investigate and explain deviations, and delivers a feedback loop that drives improved compliance, according to the company.
Los Angeles World Airports recently launched WebTrak at Los Angeles International (LAX), Ontario, and Van Nuys airports. WebTrak is just one feature of LAWA’s new Airport Noise and Operations Monitoring System (ANOMS). ANOMS features detection of noise and flight rule violations, rule and violation management, and wide area radar coverage combining flight tracks from more than one radar; www.lochard.com
- Noise Monitoring Solution. The City of Phoenix has upgraded its noise and flight track monitoring system at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport to Era Systems’ AirScene.com Noise and Operations Management System (NOMS) and Bruel & Kjaer’s 3639E noise monitors. AirScene.com NOMS allows the airport to correlate aircraft identification data with flight tracks to determine specific aircraft noise levels; www.sra.com/era
- Service Automated Valet. Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport’s new customized valet parking system by Automated Valet services 28,000 parking spaces with a combination of wireless technology, software, and hardware. The Internet-integrated system monitors everything from flights, vehicles, and customers to employees, payroll, and revenue; www.automatedvalet.com
FAIRFAX, Va. , Feb. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Era Systems Corporation, a subsidiary of SRA International, Inc. (NYSE: SRX), today announced it has been awarded a contract by the City of...
Two new systems will improve the airport's ability to monitor and investigate activity - and to communicate more effectively with local community and its airlines.
Baggage Technology Quick Drop-Off. Air Canada has implemented a check-in and baggage drop-off process for its customers departing London Heathrow Airport by using technology that combines...
Security — Biocryptics: Braathens IT Solutions introduces a self-boarding solution based on biocryptics; next-generation biometrics. Fingerprints are translated into PKI-compatible crypto keys...