hawker beechcraft services (hbs) — reaches an agreement with Raytheon Airline Aviation Services (RAAS) to upgrade its Beechcraft 1900D demonstrator with Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 Integrated Display System (IDS).
• HBS and FlightSafety International will launch a full schedule of technical training courses at FlightSafety’s new 44,000-sq. ft. Maintenance Training Center, beginning Nov. 9, 2009. The first course to be offered, MxPro, is a maintenance training program that leverages HBC’s knowledge of aircraft design, manufacturing, and support with FlightSafety’s experience as the world’s leading aviation training provider.
horizon’s totalfbo — aviation and business management software now offers the FlashTurn system, an online concierge request system for subscribing FBOs and aircraft operators. FlashTurn allows operators to post requests for fuel and services at no charge from any web browser while also allowing FBOs to advertise their facilities and services and provide their customers with confirmed fuel pricing; www.hbcinc.com.
innovative solutions & support (issi) — of Easton, PA is selected by Dassault Falcon to provide flat-panel cockpit displays that will be offered as part of an upgrade program for operators of Falcon 2000 and 2000EX aircraft. Dassault Falcon is developing an STC for Falcon 2000 and 2000EX operators that have the original flight deck displays. The STC will allow operators to upgrade to a set of four flat panel LCD displays. The upgrade adds the functionality of e-charts and satellite weather.
• ISSI also announces its Engine Instrument Display System (EIDS) has been selected by BAE Systems, Crestview, FL, for integration and installation on the U.S. Navy C-130T fleet.
jssi — an independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for business aviation, enters into a new Service Center Agreement with Duncan Aviation, providing for repair and maintenance services performed at Duncan Aviation facilities at favorable terms to JSSI customers.
kansas city aviation department — is nearing completion of a $70 million refurbishment program at its Downtown Airport. The MKC refurbishment program, begun in 2005, includes a $28 million project to raze and resurface both airport runways; $20 million to bulldoze 40 old hangars and replace them with 96 new hangars; $17 million for runway safety projects and construction of a $1 million general aviation terminal, an aircraft self-fueling avgas station, and outdoor aircraft wash bay.
• Also at MKC: Executive Beechcraft completes an extensive refurbishment of its FBO facility, including the pilots’ lounge and conference and meeting rooms.
kilfrost — manufacturer of de-cing and anti-icing fluids, introduces a new Type II fluid, ABC-K Plus. The new fluid offers improved anti-icing holdover to traditional Type II fluids and can be applied cold, or hot as a one-step de-icing and anti-icing solution, says the company; www.kilfrost.com.
mid-continent instruments — of Wichita is partnering with AeroMech Inc. in the certification of the new MD835 Emergency Power Supply. This teams Mid-Continent’s lithium battery with AeroMech’s expertise in the development of avionics STCs, including a number of complex RVSM certifications for fixed-wing aircraft.
• Mid-Continent Instruments also introduces the MD420-1 Emergency Power Supply, with a 2.5 Amp-hour battery that powers electronic flight displays, standby instruments, or other critical avionic systems.
million air — adds locations at Indianapolis; Moses Lake, WA; and Tallahassee. Franchise chain also nears completion of its complex at San Bernardino Int’l, featuring a 35,597-sq. ft. hangar/office facility and U.S. Customs building; breaks ground on a new FBO at Gulfport-Biloxi Int’l; and, opens its new FBO at Tucson Int’l Airport, featuring a 20,000-sq. ft. hangar.
nbaa — announces that $168,000 was raised at the NBAA/CAN Charity Benefit held during this week’s convention, with the proceeds going to Corporate Angel Network (CAN).
• NBAA awards its 2009 David Ewald Platinum Wing Award for lifetime achievement and excellence in journalism to William (“Bill”) Garvey, editor-in-chief of Business & Commercial Aviation magazine.
panasonic avionics corp. — announces the availability of its Global Communications Suite for business aircraft, offering enhanced connectivity and productivity for business flyers through a combination of the following services: eXConnect, eXPhone, and the Panasonic Airborne Television Network. The suite provides the bandwidth to support simultaneous voice, Internet, VPN, live television, and video conferencing.