• Contactless Payment: McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas and MasterCard Worldwide announce that the airport now accepts MasterCard PayPass contactless payments in its major parking lots. The implementation will allow travelers to tap their MasterCard PayPass contactless cards or devices at exit lanes to pay for parking. MasterCard PayPass implementation helps reduce airport congestion by streamlining parking payments, thereby improving the airport experience for travelers, according to a press release. MasterCard PayPass will be accepted in 64 locations, including 31 pay stations and 33 entry/exit lanes at the airport’s four main parking lots.
• DataCollect: DataCollect is a cost-effective FBO Ramp automation solution providing an efficient and accurate method of extending back office systems out to the ramp. The latest product now supports aircraft line services. Service providers can offer ramp-side fuel and aircraft services from the counter software out to line tech automatically as well as track the status of each of the line service tasks taking place. Line Service and CSR managers can monitor hundreds of pending and working aircraft from a single desktop screen. When the fuel and\or services are completed they are automatically imported into the counter system as an invoice; www.csitgroup.com.
• iFlight: Cessna announces that iFlite data applications for the new Apple iPad are now available for all Cessna single-engine aircraft. iFlite is a mobile data system populated with critical flight information and planning features. With it, pilots can instantly access up-to-the-minute weather images, plan routes, and check landing status. Checklists and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) are also available along with pilot training videos.
• Mobile Applications: Solairus Aviation announces that all new Solairus applications for Apple’s iPad and iPhone have passed the initial phases of development and will soon be ready for distribution. Utilizing the latest Apple iOS SDK technology, the Solairus iPad/iPhone applications will be fed Solairus’ charter fleet data from IPC Logistics powered Oasis 5.0, giving users the ability to see availability status updates in real time. A charter flight quotation tool and aircraft-specific details, as well as several features that will aid and assist Solairus employees and flight crew personnel, will also be included in the initial release; www.solairusaviation.com.
• DataCollect: Santa Maria Airport (SMX) awards two contracts to ProDIGIQ. The five-year contract for Airport TV Network will show relevant programming specially created to enhance airline passengers’ experience at SMX, according to a press release.SMX has awarded a second five-year contract to provide ProDIGIQ’s FIDS service in the terminal and on SMX’s website. SMX is the seventh airport in the U.S. to partner with ProDIGIQ; www.prodigiq.com.
• Surface Surveillance: Avinor AS, Norway’s Air Navigation Service Provider, has selected Sensis Corporation’s multilateration and VeeLo NextGen vehicle locators for Bergen Airport, Flesland. The Sensis deployment at Bergen will provide surveillance of the runways, taxiways, and stand areas along with the location of vehicles operating on the surface, enabling air traffic controllers at Norway’s second busiest airport to enhance the safety and efficiency of the airport in all weather conditions; www.sensis.com.
• ADS-B Requirements: The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is gearing up to define Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) technical requirements for ground airport vehicles. ADS-B is a Global Positioning System-derived location system headed for deployment on most aircraft within American airspace by 2020; it forms part of the FAA’s $40 billion air traffic control modernization effort known as NextGen.
ADS-B will allow aircraft in this region to broadcast real-time reports indicating identification and position to both air traffic controllers and other aircraft, improving situational awareness.
SENSIS WINS CONTRACTS FOR AIRPORT SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM; COMPANY'S EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN CHOSEN FOR SITES IN CHINA, DUBAI AND AUSTRALIA.
Sensis Corp. Monday announced contracts with China, Dubai and Australia for its airport surveillance systems. The announcements came at the Air Traffic Control Association's convention in...
EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y., Aug. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Avinor AS, Norway's Air Navigation Service Provider, has selected Sensis Corporation's multilateration and VeeLo NextGen(TM) vehicle locators for Bergen...