- 23 percent have household incomes in excess of $100,000;
- 63.6 percent have some college or are college graduates;
- women make up 40 percent of the spectator base;
- 50 percent of spectators are between 30 to 50 years of age; and
- people will travel more than 100 miles to attend a show.
Military jet teams and military static displays remain the big draws, but shows need to have civilian performers, Warbirds on static display, kid zones, food and beverages, souvenirs, and other specialty vendors.
With more than 350 air shows each year in North America, scheduling and selling the sizzle requires marketing skills and professional leadership, but the late day debriefing with those cold adult beverages is still an important part of the process.